Friday, March 1, 2013

Working At It

I have a confession to make. This is hard. No, not the adoption....I mean, yes that is tremendously hard, but I fully expected that! This blogging and posting and pinning stuff is hard! Everything I read tells me that social media and blogging is absolutely invaluable to getting your story out and helping with funding your adoption. I look at lots of adoption blogs that seem so great and I just think..."wow... not sure I can live up to that." Everyone asks me..."have you set up a blog yet?" Clearly this girl needs to get with the times. Truth be told, I have almost no idea what I'm doing. I enjoy writing, but I'm pretty computer illiterate. I am just old enough to have never had the internet incorporated into my education except for maybe a tiny bit in late college!! Until now, I have not had much motivation to teach myself. I know the internet enough to do my job, google anything I have an urgent need to know, send emails and keep up with old friends on facebook. But blogging? not so much. (Thankfully I'm married to an IT guy, so I have help, but sometimes that ability to go "Babe, I need help!!" every time I try to do something online simply further enables my ignorance.) It isn't that I don't like blogging or facebook or pinterest. It's just that I am a bit uneasy putting myself out there to this degree. That and I am a working mama with limited time, so I feel a sudden pressure on top of all the mountains of work that is the adoption process that I need to be spending a bunch of time on social media. So please be patient with me. So many of you have reassured me that you are indeed interested and you are not going to hate me or avoid me because it seems that all I do is eat, sleep, breathe this stuff right now. Thank you. You have no idea how much I need to hear that right now. I am so encouraged in this process by all who have gone before us and promise me enthusiastically that it is worth it. So for now I will continue to work at this and remind myself that our journey is unlike anyone else's and that I can relax (a little) and be honest and authentic. Even if I'm not so great at the technical stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment